Micah 6:8 says 'What does the Lord require of you? To act justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.' From around a dinner table - this has become the deep commitment and motivation for the Harrison family. Each are commited to giving our life to justice, mercy and walking humbly with our Maker. This blog is our journey....one where we will seek to live in such a manner as to promt the words from God...'well done my good and faithful servants.'

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Travelling Around

Hi to our precious family and friends.....We are still travelling around Thailand and loving the time spent getting 'used' to Thailand and being just our family. We travelled today on the back of a truck (ute) for 6 and a half hours from Mae Sot to Mae Siriang (North Thailand). We are meeting the 'cook' from Bamboo School here (she is on holidays) and she is going to take us to visit her home village in the hills. It is supposed to be a very healthy Karen village and we want to see and understand better the Karen heritage and way of life so we can assist Momo Cat implement a 'healthier' emotional way for the children at Bamboo School. So much of their childhoods have been full of physical and sexual abuse, and so much education is needed to ensure they live healthy futures. It is so important also that they are introduced to a God who loves them and created them intentionally.

We will continue to travell up North and will spend some time in Chiang Mai before heading back to the school. We are well.....a few tummy cramps and so on....but nothing to drastic. Kenzie has decided she would rather the squat toilets to the ones in Australia...she is on her own there however...! Today we watched many of the Hilltribe villages get on and off the truck. It is their public transport system. The driver blows the horn so they know he is coming and they come out of the villages. We would smile as they got on and they would smile back revealing rows of rotten teeth attained from beetlenut. The Thai are such beautiful people, very excited to get their photos taken and very smitten with the girls. They cuddle and touch the girls arms and faces and little Kenz is getting passed regularly from one to the other. She takes it all in her stride.

We discover the different towns mostly by foot and stop often to buy a Cornetto for each of the children....a treat they rarely get in Australia...but here they cost 70cents. Colin and I find ourselves reaching for the chilli...we can't do our food as hot as the Thais do....but we are getting there. We are loving just stopping at a little Thai stall for our dinner at night. May explain some of the cramping...but hey!!!

We have a mobile....we can't be reached when out at the village....but it was cheap enough to have to call family when we head to the larger village every couple of weeks. For the next week or so we will be contactable though. Our number is 08921 007 48 (you will need the Thailand Code...which i think is 66 then 2 and drop the 0... i think!)

We will write again soon. We love you.
Ruth for the Harrison Village Tribe.

4 Comments:

Blogger dobbo said...

Hey guys, missing you.
Ruth, thought you might be interested in reading this note I got from Susan Lee.

Hi Peter,
When Ruth gave us the rock, the spring, and the candle, I especially put the candle in a place that will remind me to light it. I was confused as to my calling then and I could not light it. She said when we identify our calling and are willing to be obedient, then light it. My question then was "But what is my calling?"
Yesterday, Judy brought us to Well Spring to meet Jill. We had a wonderful time and an edifying one. Judy also told us to each bring an item which represents what we have got out of this course. I brought the candle and a lighter. When about 5 of my classmates had shared about what they brought, (we all placed the items at the center on the floor, we were seated in a circle), I took out my candle and explained what I was supposed to do with it. At the end of this course, I have received lots of help to enable me to identify my passion and calling and I am obediently answering God now - I told everyone that I am proceeding to enrol as a ministerial candidate to train and prepare myself for ordination. And I lit the candle and placed it at the centre with all the other things. Everyone was in tears! I praise God and thank Him. He has given me such a significant moment.
If you are in touch with Ruth, please let her know that I have lit the candle.

God bless, Susan

4:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Herrow Harros, Matt and I have been missing you guys, I even got all choked up when i got the wedding photos back and saw the pics with you all. Will send them soon (I have one in a frame on my desk at work) whenever i find myself feeling ungrateful or like complaining I remind myself of the harro kids and their excitment over mayonaise sandwiches! Thanks for continuing to teach me about how to love God with my whole life. Love you Baire and Matt

1:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Herrow Harros, Matt and I have been missing you guys, I even got all choked up when i got the wedding photos back and saw the pics with you all. Will send them soon (I have one in a frame on my desk at work) whenever i find myself feeling ungrateful or like complaining I remind myself of the harro kids and their excitment over mayonaise sandwiches! Thanks for continuing to teach me about how to love God with my whole life. Love you Baire and Matt

1:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JUST WOULD LIKE EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT RUTH IS MY BIG SISTER!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH..
ILL BE HERE ALL WEEK!!!
SEAN.

2:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home